What is Sun-Damaged Skin?
- Sun damage happens when the skin is overexposed to the sun’s UV rays.
- UV rays are able to negatively affect the aging process of the skin.
- Visible signs of sun damage include brown spots, wrinkles and fine lines, loss of elasticity, and an uneven skin tone or texture
How to Repair Sun-Damaged Skin?
1) Use a vitamin C serum daily.
It is a powerful antioxidant that helps to combat the formation of hyperpigmentation and fine lines that result from exposure to UV rays.
- Specifically L-ascorbic acid.
2) Use a collagen boosting product that helps to speed up cellular turnover like Dream Capsule.
It also helps to retexturize sun-damaged skin.
3) Use a day-time moisturiser like Idyllic Fields, that aids in protecting day-time free radical damage and helps to boost sunscreen's UV protecting abilities.
It contains troxereutin and oats that enhances UV protection.
4) Apply sunscreen everyday!
It's never too late! Use a physical sunscreen like Morning Glow that helps to protect against UVA, UVB and blue light.