What is hormonal acne?
- Hormonal acne is almost always cystic and inflammatory in nature.
- Usually it appears in forms of painful red papules and deep cysts on the lower face.
- It can create long-term scarring.
Where do they usually appear?
- Lower cheeks
- In between the brows.
How to treat them?
1) Topical Antibiotics
- Antibiotics prescribed by your dermatologists such as dapsone and minocyline can make a difference in the number and intensity of hormonal acne.
2) Bakuchiol in your skincare
- Helps to even tone, fade post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, prevent whiteheads and blackheads, and prevent inflammatory papules.
- It is found in Dream Capsule
3) Healthy Diet
- Sugary foods and/or processed breads, dairy (particularly skim milk) have all been linked to worsening of inflammatory acne.
- A healthy diet will minimize the amount of treatment needed