Planning to soak up some sun outdoors without applying sunscreen? (what are you doing outside in this 38 degree celsius weather anyway) Or are you skipping the extra step because today is a good day to snuggle with your furry friends at home?
You might want to reconsider.
We would always advise incorporating sunscreen into your routine - if you haven't already started on one, what are you waiting for?
UVB vs UVA rays
Did you know? There are 2 different types of sun rays, namely UVB and UVA.
UVB are shorter-wave rays that are responsible for causing sunburns after that hike you went to and also plays the greatest role in terms of causing skin cancers.
UVA rays on the other hand, are longer-wave rays that give you the nice golden tan, but they are not responsible for sunburns. It has the ability to penetrate deeper into the skin which triggers not only skin-cancer like UVB rays, but also plays a much greater role in premature ageing and formation of wrinkles. If you are still not convinced on the benefits of applying sunscreen, UVA rays can also penetrate glass windows, damaging your skin even when chilling at home!
Telling signs of sun damage
- Increased fine lines and wrinkles
- Dry, wrinkled, thin and crepey skin
- Dull and congested
- Skin discolourations and uneven skin tone
How should you protect yourself?
- Firstly, never skip sunscreen. (have we already mentioned this?)
It is a vital step of your routine and should always be used last on top of other skincare products.
- Use sunscreens with SPF30 and above, both in and outdoors.
If you pile on different sunscreens with different SPF numbers, note that the limit is based on the highest SPF number you are using, not the additive number. Hence, applying a SPF15 beneath a SPF30 will still give you SPF30).
- Reapply sunscreen regularly throughout the day!
Reapplying is essential because sunscreens will break down throughout the day when exposed to the sun, hence rendering it ineffective after some time. It is recommended to reapply every 2 hours for maximum protection!
- Look for products that contain ingredients such as , Vitamin C and antioxidants that can effectively protect you against sun damage.
These ingredients work together to protect you while you go about your day!
What can Morning Glow do for you?
Morning Glow is a physical sunscreen that protects you against free radical damage from the sun and both harmful UV rays like a tenacious warrior, yet it sits so gently on your skin while still providing ample hydration.
- Containing Avocado Extracts, Morning Glow supplies your skin with plenty of Vitamin C and E that fights free radicals.
- Another cult favourite ingredient in sunscreens, Morning Glow is formulated with Zinc Oxide and 2% niacinamide that effectively blocks UVA and UVB rays, as well strengthening, brightening, reducing fine lines and hyperpigmentation
- At the same time, it is also hydrating due to an ingredient called Ceramide, allowing Morning Glow to be a favourite 1-step morning routine for customers with oily skin!
- Say goodbye to pilling issues, white cast and stinging eyes resulting from chemical sunscreens at the end of a long day!